Leesel Transportation was born from a successful family of businesses that has been providing transportation to New York City area schools for over 40 years.
At Leesel, our people matter. Leesel Transportation is part of Beacon Mobility, which is a family of transportation companies dedicated to helping adults and children get where they need to go – safely, on-time, and by people who care. Our core purpose is to provide Mobility Without Limits by Transporting People to Live, Learn, and Achieve, and we take that responsibility very seriously – for us it’s a labor of love.
We are aligned with our Beacon family as a values-driven culture, and we live our values every day. It’s who we are.
What Are People Saying
Ethical Culture Fieldston School
Leesel is part of a successful family of businesses providing transportation to NYC schools for over 40 years.
Leesel began as Selby Transportation Corp, a partnership servicing private schools in New York City. Steve Selby bought out the initial partners. Steve and his son Lee continue to operate the business today.
Incorporated in the State of New York.
1982 - 2002
Increases service to numerous NYC private schools. Expands into public schools as Leesel wins first New York City Department of Education contract (NYCDOE).
2002 - Present
Selby Transportation Corp continues to expand and wins additional NYCDOE and contracts.
2013 - Present
Leesel Transportation is incorporated and continues to successfully run their NYCDOE contracts. In 2021, Leesel became part of the Beacon Mobility family of transportation companies.
Leesel maintains all the specs and requirements set by the State AND city DOT, as well as NYC DOE. Our company utilizes fairly new equipment with all current available bus tech, including but not limited to GPS, and safety features such as child check.
- Leesel has an active fleet of over 500 school buses located in New York City.
- Majority of the vehicles are less than 5 years old.
- Buses are inspected twice a year by the NYS Department of Transportation and undergo regular preventive maintenance checks every 3,000 miles.
- Each vehicle is equipped with two-way communication and GPS fleet tracking devices.
- All units with front and back air conditioning
Our company maintains a multitude of bases of operation throughout the NYC area. Our corporate offices are located in the Bronx and Brooklyn.
- Over 200,000 total square feet in land and maintenance facilities.
- 104,000 total sf which includes a 16,250 square feet maintenance facility, 5,000 square feet of office and administrative space and 82,750 square feet of outside storage (parking) located at 3900 Webster Avenue, Bronx, NY 10470
- 32,500 total square feet of land & office facility located at 812 Snediker Avenue in East New York, Brooklyn
- An additional 15,000 total square feet of land located at 1032 Essex Street, Brooklyn NY
- 15,000 square feet of land on Blondell Avenue in the Bronx NY